Workshop on Current Issues in Predictive Approaches to Intelligence and Security Analytics
IEEE Intelligence and Security Informatics Conference
May 26, 2010
Call for Participation
Due to the increasing asymmetric nature of the factors that impact the security, health and sustainable growth of our society, anticipatory reasoning needs to become an everyday activity to increase our ability to counter adversities and leverage opportunities. Currently, the use of anticipatory reasoning is often hindered by the lack of systematic methods for combining knowledge/evidence models, integrating modeling algorithms, and assessing model validity and usability. This workshop addresses these gaps with the intent of fostering the creation of a community of interest on model integration and evaluation that will serve as an aggregation point for existing efforts and a launch pad for new approaches.
We welcome paper submissions on the following or related topics - The Call for Papers is Now Closed.
- Knowledge combination in integrated models (e.g. technosocial, socio-technical, complex systems, and system-science models)
- Linking diverse modeling algorithms (e.g. Bayesian Nets, System Dynamics, Agent Based Modeling, Event Trees, Fault Trees)
- Ontology-based approaches to meta-modeling
- Metrics and methodologies for evaluating the validity, accuracy and utility of model output/inferences
- Case studies that highlight challenges and/or successes in building models that span separate knowledge domains.
Introduction - Fostering the Creation of Decision Advantage through Model Interoperability and Evaluation
Anticipatory Intelligence Analysis: Integrating Multiple Models for Joint Intelligence Preparation
Automated Sensing and Social Network Analysis in Virtual Worlds
Breadth-Depth Triangulation for Validation and Verification for Modeling and Simulation of Complex Systems
Collaborative Knowledge Discovery & Marshalling
Conjoint Analysis for Calibrating Bayes Net Parameters
Integrated Assessment Modeling of Energy Consumption Behavior and Carbon Emissions
Meta-Model Driven Construction of Timed Influence Networks
Multi-Modeling of Adversary Behaviors
Panel on Model Interoperability
Social Media and Social Reality Theory, Evidence and Validation
Text Analysis and Entity Extraction in Asymmetric Threat Response and Prediction